This page will be the Cantref community hub where you will find the latest newsletter, information, activities, photo galleries, videos and much more.
Please participate and contribute so we can strengthen the Cantref community during these unprecedented times.
|NEWSLETTER 38||[pdf 236KB]|
|NEWSLETTER 38||[doc 292KB]|
|LET SEPTEMBER 2020 V1||[doc 967KB]|
Happy birthday to...
Freddie is 6 today!
Year 5 children have been creating amazing lockdown news videos
Nursery Sports Day
Nursery children practised through the week and by Friday they had completed:
Egg and spoon Race, Sack race, Target practice and running races.
They also had to make their own banners, medals and certificates.
Harriet's egg and spoon race
Gwen's First Egg!
At the beginning of lockdown Mrs Francis set Year Two a project to do. They could choose whatever project they wanted. Gwen wanted to keep some chickens so she researched all the different types of chicken, costed it all out, got her chicken coup and then the chickens.
Today was a momentous day as she collected her first egg! She is hoping to get enough to sell.
Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookies
Here is our first recipe for you to try courtesy of Mrs Davies. This recipe is so delicious that she has never shared it with anyone before. Don't forget to send us a photo if you try it out.
|Peanut Butter Choc Chip Cookie||[pdf 58KB]|
|Fluffy coconut breads||[docx 485KB]|
Eliza's Strawberry Flan
1 large ready-made flan case (Mummy says life is too short to make one)
800ml Double cream
1tbsp vanilla bean paste
60g caster sugar
Icing sugar for dusting
Click on the links to find out more.
1. Cut off the outer rim of sponge. EAT
2. Slice the flan base in half.
3. Whip the cream, vanilla and caster sugar until semi firm. LICK WHISK
4. Spoon the cream mix onto one of the flans. LICK SPOON
5. Push the large strawberries into the cream around the flan base. EAT REMAINING STRAWBERRIES.
6. Place the remaining flan case on top. LICK FINGERS.
7. Dust with Icing sugar and decorate with remaining fruit and mint.
Year Three Pass the Positivity
Year 5 Cup Song Challenge
Some excellent advice from our own YouTube star Osian
Year Six Amarillo
From Year One
MHA Pitch For Your Project video pitch
A special message from Year 2
Chain Reaction Challenge
Hot Potato Challenge
We Miss You
Photos and Videos
Please keep in mind the rules below when sending in photos/videos. We will not be able to post any images that fall outside of these parameters.
- Photos/Videos must be sent in by the parent/carer of the child shown in the images.
- Photos/Videos must only contain images of your own child/children, they must not contain images of other children.
- By submitting your photos/videos, you are consenting for those images to be uploaded into the public domain.
Freddie's Marvellous Lockdown Marble Run
Don't forget to send us a picture of you taking part.
Let’s get artistic! You have probably seen in the media, children from across the UK, painting rainbows and putting them in their windows at home, to spread a little joy and show support for the NHS.
We would like the children of Cantref to get creative and make a rainbow! Draw, paint, crayon, collage or even use your computer to create a rainbow of beautiful colours and then send us a photo! Leo has already sent in a beautiful example of this. That smile certainly brightens up the day. Well done Leo!
One for the little people this time. Can you learn how to sign Old Macdonald? We'd love to see videos of you having a go.